Turn to this new third edition for consistent outcomes on even your most complex implant cases! World-renowned dental implantologist Carl E. Misch gives you expert advice and guidance on the various surgical approaches to placing implants in the revision of his best-selling classic. Over 1,000 full-color illustrations depict details of implants, related materials, and surgical procedures, while well-known contributors (Mohamed Sharawy, Martha Warren Bidez, Adriano Piatelli, and others) share a wealth of knowledge in their respective fields. This third edition provides an excellent opportunity for you to develop and refine your skills and experience more consistent, predictable clinical outcomes.
- Thorough explanations of the rationale for implants and their specific characteristics discuss why different options work better for different patients; the rationale behind implant materials and sizes; and the overall science of osteointegrated implants – providing a full understanding of how implants behave under certain circumstances and how to make the best choices for implant patients.
- Chapter on Diagnostic Imaging and Techniques focuses on the latest technology available to determine patient conditions, familiarizing you with recent advances and how they apply to treatment planning principles.
- Section on Treatment Planning discusses the rationales for implant placement, variables in implants and patient conditions, and the four degrees of jaw bone density, Dr. Misch’s best-known criterion for successful implant placement.
- Prepares you for actual treatment by reviewing scientific fundamentals such as applied anatomy, biomechanical principles, current biomaterials, prevention and management of dental infections, and pharmacologic considerations.
- Surgical procedure chapters are of benefit to the implant surgeon and are critical to the restoring dentist who wants to better understand and appreciate surgical concepts.
- Over 1,000 full-color illustrations depict details of implants, related materials, and surgical procedures.
- Brand-new coverage includes: Key Implant Positions and Number, Ideal Implant Surgery, Extraction Socket and Barrie Membrane Bone Grafts, Sinus Pathology and Complications of Sinus Grafts, Immediate Loading for a Single Tooth, Partially Edentulous and Completely Edentulous Patient.
- Important updates include indications and contraindications for rationale of biomechanical treatment plans, layered approach to bone grafting, autograft block bone grafting, soft tissue surgery, and implant esthetics and maintenance.
- A new chapter on Tissue Engineering uses current information on platelet-rich plasma membranes and other elements of tissue engineering so you can take advantage of appropriate materials.
- Emphasis on evidence-based implant outcomes provides valuable information on which procedures have the greatest likelihood of success and lowest risk of complications.